10510 Kingston Pike Knoxville, TN 37922 | 865.690.0045
Welcome to Volunteer Storage Knoxville! We store everything!
The Volunteer Storage facilities have a wide variety of sizes of self storage units. Many of our facilities have climate controlled storage units as well as large vehicle storage (boat storage, rv storage, camper storage, etc.). If you are looking for affordable self storage, Volunteer Storage is your Knoxville storage solution.
- Volunteer Storage Knoxville: 10510 Kingston Pike Knoxville, TN 37922
- Our Knoxville storage facilities are completely fenced with 24 hour access / security
- We have six convenient locations in and around Knoxville to serve your needs: Chapman, Knoxville Halls, Knoxville West, Loudon, Maryville, and Seymour.
- We accept major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express
We have a BBB rating of A+
Self Storage Knoxville TN Locations
Volunteer Storage Knoxville has six convenient Knoxville storage locations to serve you. Please visit each location's webpage for complete details:
Volunteer Storage Chapman
Volunteer Storage Knoxville Halls
Volunteer Storage Knoxville West
Volunteer Storage Loudon
Volunteer Storage Maryville
Volunteer Storage Seymour
Large Vehicle Storage in Knoxville
You can have lots of fun with recreational vehicles (RVs), trailers, campers, large autos and boats, but they take up a lot of space. Storage in a secure environment is a good option for keeping your vehicle safe and parked in a convenient location. Volunteer Storage has several Knoxville locations with lots of storage for large vehicles including RVs, trucks, vans, trailers, campers and boats.
Secure and convenient: Your large vehicle will be secure with our fenced perimeter but accessible when you are ready. We have 24/7 access, 365 days a year. We also have on duty managers during regular business hours. Check each location’s details for more information.
Large vehicle storage lets you minimize the risk of your vehicle being vandalized or stolen. Leaving large vehicles on the street or in unsecured parking lots can put your vehicle at risk and may break local parking restrictions or the regulations of your local homeowner association or apartment complex.
With six convenient locations in and around Knoxville, you can access your vehicle whenever you need to. If you need to move your vehicle in and out often, let your facility manager know so you can park closer to the entrance. Our storage locations have 24/7 access, 365 days a year.
Standard versus Climate-Controlled Storage
Do you need extra storage and wonder if you need a standard, self-storage unit or if you need climate-controlled storage?
Let’s look at what climate-controlled storage means. Keep in mind, the definition of climate-controlled storage can vary from one company to another. Always check with the storage company and ask for their specifications before you sign up.
- In general, the temperature in a climate-controlled storage unit should not fall below freezing in the winter or above 90 degrees F (32 degree C) in the summer. Climate-controlled storage units should keep items in a constant environment (temperatures range between 55 or 60 degrees F and 85 or 90 degrees F). Be sure to check with your storage company for exact specifications for their units.
- Most storage units use indirect heating and cooling systems to maintain air temperature, not individual heaters or air conditioners.
- Climate-controlled units are protected from the elements. They are usually located indoors so they are not affected by the effects of rain, snow, dirt and dust, pests or changes in temperatures or humidity. Climate-controlled units also protect your items from mold and mildew.
When should you consider renting a climate-controlled self-storage unit?
- If your items are valuable, one of a kind, or environmentally sensitive they would benefit from climate-controlled storage.
- If you are storing furniture, especially valuable furniture, antiques or family heirlooms that you want to pass down to the next generation, you should consider climate control.
- Another example would be musical instruments. Wood-based musical instruments can be damaged by the cycle of heat and cold throughout the year.
- If you plan to store electrical equipment, such as computers. Non-climate controlled units can damage computer equipment, especially heat and humidity. Even for short-term storage, this can be an issue. With climate-controlled units, you don’t have to worry about the effects of varying temperatures or humidity on your equipment.
- Are you storing clothing for a long period of time? Climate-controlled units protect your clothing and leather from yellowing, degradation of the fabric caused by exposure to heat, cold and humidity.
- If the price to store valuables is less than the cost to replace them, consider climate control.
- Additional advantages of climate-controlled units is that they are indoors, so you can visit your unit in more privacy than drive-up storage units and in more comfort since they are climate controlled.
- Climate-controlled units afford extra protection from flooding and water exposure caused by humidity, rain, and melted snow since they are typically indoors.
- Climate-controlled units tend to be cleaner because less dust and dirt get into the interior units compare to standard units.
When do you choose standard storage?
Standard, drive-up units are suitable for most household items. Most have passive climate control. Your items are protected from the elements and most are designed to minimize the effects of weather extremes. Most are convenient to drive up when you need to add or remove items from your storage unit. If you plan to store items such as cars, tools, lawn equipment or lawn furniture, you will be ok with standard storage.
In summary, if you decide to use a storage unit without climate control, remember that your items will not be as well protected from weather changes. We recommend making an on-site visit before deciding where to store your items as there can be lots of options.
Is the risk of your items being damaged worth the additional cost of climate controlled storage? If the answer is yes, the extra price is worth it.
For more tips on packing, moving and storing, follow the Volunteer Storage | Volunteer Movers Blog.
Volunteer Movers Knoxville
Volunteer Movers is Knoxville's premier moving company. Our guarantee is careful attention to detail when moving your belongings. We offer a full range of packing and unpacking services as well as packing supplies. Visit the Volunteer Movers website for information on our moving services and supplies. Volunteer Movers is committed to being the absolute best moving company. Whether you need to move across town or just down the road, we are able to facilitate your move and make it easy for you!
Volunteer Movers was started as an extension of Volunteer Storage. We saw a need in the market place for an affordable and detail orientated moving company. A large percentage of our storage tenants would ask if we also offered a moving service. We are happy to answer that need.
Volunteer Movers offers a full range of packing and unpacking services. Trained professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need.We highly recommend the use of our packing services with your move. We are able to carefully protect all of your personal belongings and guarantee to take extra care when packing mirrors, televisions, pianos, and other fragile items. Once we pack you, you will never do it yourself again!
When you are looking for movers in Knoxville TN Volunteer Movers is your best option!
Volunteer Movers has a full line of packing and moving supplies including:
- Moving boxes
- Bubble wrap
- Protective stuff
- Moving/lifting tools
- Covers & bags
- Rope & tie downs
- Storage solutions
- Shipping boxes & supplies
Combine the services of Volunteer Storage and Volunteer Movers and save!
Please mention our special to your location and save!
- Pre-pay for 12 months and save 10% off your storage
- Combine the services of Volunteer Movers at the same time you use Volunteer Storage and save 10% on your choice of either the storage facility or moving service. We appreciate the opportunity to service all your storage and moving needs.